Commissions available to artists/organisations in Nine Elms Vauxhall for Big Dance programme.
March 29, 2016
The Nine Elms Vauxhall Partnership is collaborating with Big Dance to ignite and develop a dance engagement programme working with the local community.
We want to commission the start of, or the development of, a regular dance class launching after the summer half term break, followed by a weekly programme leading to a performance on the Big Dance Bus on the weekend of 30 – 31 July.
You may use this to bolster an existing project or kickstart a new one. The aim is that the start of this activity will lead to long-term celebration of dance in Nine Elms and Vauxhall.
We’re looking for artists/companies/organisations who:
• Live or work in Nine Elms or Vauxhall
• Have experience or are already delivering community dance in the local area
• Want to deliver a class in Nine Elms or Vauxhall
• Have up to date DBS and liability insurance
18 April – Deadline for expressions of interest
19 – 21 April – Informal interviews
22 April – Notification of chosen projects
w/c 30 May – Potential tasters to launch projects
w/c 6 June – Potential projects start (6 week delivery)
Sat 30 or Sun 31 July – Big Dance Bus Performance
We are looking to commission two projects at £1500 each.
This should contribute towards: space hire, marketing costs, the delivery of at least 6 weeks of classes, introductory tasters and a performance on the Bus.
Please send your CV and a one-page proposal with the following:
1. What you want to deliver – style/concept, and why you want to deliver it
2. When you suggest it would take place
3. What target group you are interested in working with
4. What partners you may already have in Nine Elms and Vauxhall
5. Budget breakdown (to include any in kind support)
Please send any enquiries and your one-page proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 April, 2016.