The winter months might not feel like a time for exploring London – but for every chilly morning and rainy afternoon we’ve got a cosy coffee spot to warm you up, and a cultural treat to keep you entertained. Check out our recipe for a winter weekend in Nine Elms that will keep the cold at bay!
Start with a stroll:
- Battersea Park – take a walk through the beautiful Battersea park, home to one of London’s most natural settings with a children’s zoo, a boating lake and the Victorian tower Pump House Gallery. Grab a cup of coffee and a pastry at the Pear Tree Café for a tasty pick-me-up.
- Circus West Village and Battersea Power Station – see the sights and get a feel for the history of the iconic power station at the Heritage and Learning Hub under the arches. You’ll also find a number of great cafés and restaurants, a perfect pair as you walk along the riverside.
Coffee and Brunch pit-stop:
- Black Cab Coffee Company – They’re known for amazing coffee, but they also do fantastic brunch foods: avocado on toast, poached eggs, and a selection of great pastries.
- District coffee shop (located in the heart of Embassy Gardens) – an independently owned coffee shop serving freshly brewed coffee and healthy bites. A great place to sit back and relax, have some lunch or get some work done.
How about a spot of culture? Check out Gasworks Gallery or the Migration Museum
- Quantum Ghost at Gasworks Gallery (155 Vauxhall St, London SE11 5RH) – from science fiction, music videos and set design, experience this multi-channel exhibition by Bristol-based artist Libita Clayton, her first UK solo exhibition.
And finally, some dinner:
- Chokhi Dhani – the Indian go-to on the river at Nine Elms, Chokhi Dani brings the authentic taste of Rajasthan to London.
- POTUS at the Crowne Plaza on the Albert Embankment – the latest restaurant to come to Nine Elms, POTUS brings new interpretations of classic American dishes including New England Clam Chowder and NY Cheesecake. This restaurant brings the best of America to the heart of London.
- Back at Circus West Village, you are spoilt for choice with a diverse selection of cuisines, including; Spanish at Tapas Brindisa, Italian at Fiume, Danish pizza at Mother’s, English wines at Vagabond, modern Indian at Cinnamon Kitchen and seafood at the Wright Brother’s.
- No29 Power Station West– From morning coffee and brunch through to dinner and a nightcap, this breath-taking neighbourhood pub offers it all.
You can stay up to date on all events and developments in the area, by following us on social media – Twitter: @NineElmsTeam and on Instagram: @nineelmslondon.
We hope you enjoy your weekend in Nine Elms!